JOB POSTING September 26, 2016
Job Posting 2016-0522-03
Employment and Skill Development Specialist
ACS Community Living Programs (Discovery and Epic)
Casual, On-call Position
We are seeking a self-motivated and dynamic individual who wants to join our team and help us support individuals living with developmental learning disabilities. We are two programs working in tandem to promote greater individual autonomy and to assist job ready adults with all aspects of career development including: personalized client assessment, employment skill , work experience, placement activities and onsite job coaching and monitoring. This position is responsible for enabling skills development leading to increased independence and /or employment readiness, along with finding employment opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. A key component of the position necessitates the teaching of a variety of practical employment related skills along with monitoring work experiences and paid employment for job seekers. This includes working closely with the Community Living team to ensure the service reflects client needs, abilities and employment goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct intake assessment, skill development activities, employment preparation, job search, job coaching, employment education and advocacy support;
- Engage in one-to-one support with individuals to enhance self-sufficiency and/or prepare for job search, job attainment and on-site job support once hired;
- Provide necessary supports to address and mitigate barriers to increased independence and employment, developing workable solutions;
- Present individuals with helpful tools for increased independence, labor market information, employment and training options;
- Maintain solid knowledge of employer expectations and employment marketing skills;
- Assist individual in skill practices and job support;
- Assume temporary Key Worker responsibility for a number of job seekers, including the maintaining of ongoing progress notes, documentation, individual files and other reports as required to determine client outcomes.
- Monitor client satisfaction of current programming.
- Transport clients safely in personal vehicle, with driver’s abstract in good standing, proper insurance, with a reliable vehicle in good working order.
- Related education (e.g. Social Work Diploma) or other related field;
- Minimum of one-year work experience supporting people with developmental disabilities, preferably with an employment and skill development focus;
- Establish and maintain positive and trusting working relationship with staff, clients, families and support teams;
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to trouble shoot;
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently;
- A Satisfactory Criminal Records Check must be completed and maintained for this position, and
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license/clean driver’s abstract and personal vehicle to use for helping transport clients to job sites;
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR/AED.
POSITION PARTICULARS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Casual, on-call as needed and on an ongoing basis.
- Opportunities to work additional casual hours within the Community Living Services team may exist. Please visit our website: www.AbbotsfordCommunityServices.com .
- Hours/days are Monday to Friday, during regular business hours.
Closing Date – October 10, 2016
Interested applicants are to reference Posting 2016-0522-03
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: HR. Abbotsford Community Services. 2420 Montrose Avenue.
Abbotsford, BC. V2S 3S9.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.