Date: August 30, 2016
Service Area: Mental Health
Position: CLS/SIL Worker
Organization: Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows Community Services
Nature of Position:
A 35hours/week temporary position is available within the Community Living Support Program, Mental Health Services. The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting clients with severe and persistent mental health issues living independently in the community. The CLS office is based out of the Rainbow Club, but the majority of the work is done with clients in their home and/or in the community.
- Qualifications (knowledge, education, skills, experience):
- Have a minimum of a two year relevant certificate or degree
- Significant, relevant experience working with adults living with mental health issues
- Knowledge of the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Valid drivers license and use of your own vehicle, business insurance and 2 million liability
- Use of personal vehicle.
- Be non-judgmental, compassionate, and culturally accepting
- Knowledge of community resources and housing
- Ability to work both independently and within a community care team
- Good organizational skills and time management skills
- Knowledge of computer programs: Outlook express, Microsoft work, and client information systems
In your cover letter please indicate where you heard about this job posting.
Successful applicant will be informed and accepting of cultural diversity, and have the ability to work and support all people with dignity and respect. This position is open to male and female applicants.
This position requires Union membership
Shift/Schedule/Hours per week: 35 hours/week temporary position
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: September 6, 2016
Grid Level: 11
Submit Applications to: email@example.com