MAPLE RIDGE PITT MEADOWS ENDING VIOLENCE IN RELATIONSHIPS (EVIR) COMMITTEE
PART-TIME CONTRACT POSITION: PROJECT COORDINATOR (PART-TIME)
STATUS: INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE CONTRACT
TERM: 9 MONTH PROJECT
CONTRACT AMOUNT: $12,150
The Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows EVIR Committee is currently recruiting a Project Coordinator for 9 months, beginning July 1st, 2016, ending March 31st, 2017.
Who we are:
The Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Ending Violence in Relationships (EVIR) Committee exists primarily to support community-based collaboration in support of integrated approaches to the prevention of and response to violence in relationships.
The purpose of this project is to improve and solidify the structure of this integrated service delivery model, as well as to increase the reach and level of community collaboration in services and education for the benefit of community agencies and the public, with an overarching goal to achieve excellence in service provision and the reduction of violence in relationships.
The successful contractor will be self-motivated, innovative, highly organized and have demonstrated leadership and interpersonal abilities. This individual will have the capacity to excel in both team-based and independent work environments.
The contractor will work independently and will provide equipment required to fulfill the duties of the contract. The contractor will hold a valid B.C. Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle for business-related purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Committee including, but not limited to, the following:
- Scheduling Committee meetings;
- Taking minutes of meetings, typing and distributing them to committee members;
- Developing organizational outlines for both the EVIR Committee and the Ridge Meadows Interagency Case Assessment Team (RMICAT);
- Preparing information packages for recruiting community agencies;
- Scheduling and initiating meetings and presentations to engage community agencies;
- Organizing necessary forms and documents required by the RMICAT;
- Participating in the Community Network to publicize the EVIR Committee and its ongoing work;
2. Ensure partnership/confidentiality agreements are drafted, finalized and signed;
3. Propose, to the Committee, Public Awareness/Education Events;
4. Once confirmed by the Committee, plan and organize such events;
5. Develop, in consultation with the Committee, a training schedule for frontline workers and/or community partners;
6. Plan and organize training events;
7. Assist the Committee in developing future funding streams which can include writing grant applications.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in social services;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar capacity;
- Experience coordinating multi-stakeholder initiatives with well-developed planning, organizing and administrative skills;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships;
- Knowledge and work experience with survivors of family or sexual violence is preferred’
- Positive Criminal Record Check.
Please forward current resume and covering letter by May 31st, 2016 to:
MAPLE RIDGE PITT MEADOWS EVIR COMMITTEE
c/o TERESA GREEN, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
CYTHERA TRANSITION HOUSE SOCIETY
22318 McIntosh Avenue,
Maple Ridge, B.C. V2X 3C1
fax: (604) 467-5158
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.