Advertisement for Executive Director Position
The Family Education and Support Centre in Maple Ridge is seeking the leadership of an Executive Director. The Family Education and Support Centre was established in 1971. It is a charitable organization that facilitates growth and development in families with core programming in parenting education and support, adult mental health, multicultural services, community development and programs for children. The Centre provides information, education, resources and support through public and private collaborative partnerships.
The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Directors and provides leadership and overall management. This ensures that the Centre’s staff, financial and other resources are organized and directed toward the implementation of the policies and attainment of the goals and objectives established by the Board.
The Executive Director works in partnership with board members, committee chairs, committee members, volunteers, and staff and community agencies as appropriate.
The successful candidate for this position will have demonstrated skills in:
- Strategic planning
- Operational, financial and human resources management
- Writing grant applications
- Effective spoken and written communication
- Developing and maintaining community partnerships
- Working in an environment that respects diversity
- Working knowledge of trauma informed practice
- Working knowledge of appreciative inquiry
- A degree in a relevant discipline
- 3 years experience as an executive director or senior manager
- Demonstrated results with grant writing
- Strong collaborative management style
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 29, 2016.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The job description is available at: www.familyed.bc.ca