Both Canadian and international students are eligible to apply to Study Abroad if they meet the following criteria:
- are a full-time UFV student
- maintain a C+ (2.33) cumulative GPA
- have successfully completed 30 credits at UFV
- begin your application at least two semesters before your exchange
Keep in mind that study abroad placements are awarded on a competitive basis and are also subject to availability, so it is important to apply early and maintain as high an average as possible. In addition to grades, weight is also given to the following criteria.
- Language level – How is your proficiency in the language(s) of the host country? Consider signing for a language class to prepare for your trip
- Financial resources – Can you afford the program?
- Extracurricular activities – How involved are you in campus and community clubs and activities? Start now: join a club, get involved with international student activities and orientation, or volunteer in the community.
- UFV references – Do you have two solid academic references?