On Saturday, August 28, between 8am and 2pm, BC Hydro will shut-down power to most buildings on the UFV Abbotsford campus as part of a planned Hydro service outage.
Who is impacted?
Occupants and services in Abbotsford buildings:
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, T, S
Baker House, Friesen House, and Building K are NOT within the planned scope of this Hydro outage, but occupants should be aware of the surrounding power outage.
What services are affected?
On August 28, between 8 am and 2 pm the following services will be down in the buildings listed above.
- All electrical power
- All wireless/WiFi networks
- All telephones
- All wired network services
- Remote access to desk-top computers (RDP service)
- All heating and cooling systems
What is not affected?
- Security Operations Centre (SOC) – you can still call security for assistance
- Call 9-1-1 in emergencies
- First aid: 1-855-282-7770
- Security: 1-855-239-7654
- Web services, email, myUFV, etc. will be available as generator power will take over for these services for the duration of the outage.
What else do I need to know?
If you have specialized equipment that is not protected by an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS), you should consider shutting it down prior to the outage to ensure preservation of this equipment or data and a smooth restart.
Still need more information?
- If you have a heating/cooling or power related query prior to August 28, please contact the Facilities Management Service Desk at 604-854-4542, Mon to Fri 8am to 4:30pm. On August 28, contact Sheldon Marche at 604-768-6016.
- If you have an IT related concern or question prior to August 28, please contact the IT Service Desk at 604-864-4610, Mon to Fri 8am to 4:30pm. On August 28 contact Bryan Wilkinson at 604-217-2007.