Malicious Chrome Browser Extension ‘OneClass Easy Invite’
Please be advised that a malicious Chrome browser extension that works in conjunction with Blackboard is being widely circulated. The name of this extension is ‘OneClass Easy Invite’.
This extension poses significant security risks.
Students, staff & faculty: Once installed, it captures your login name and password, plus the list of students enrolled in your courses and sends an advertisement about the Easy Invite extension. This is phishing activity.
If you receive a request to install this Chrome extension (OneClass Easy Invite), please ignore and delete it. If you have already installed the extension, you need to un-install it immediately. The removal instructions are as follows:
- Open your Chrome browser
- Select the 3 vertical dots in the top right-hand corner
- Select Settings
- Select Extension in the top left-hand corner
- Click the Trashcan beside the ‘OneClass Easy Invite’ extension
- Select Remove on the Confirm Removal Popup
- Close all Chrome windows and go back to the Extensions page to verify the extension has been removed (Steps 1-4)
IMPORTANT: Once you have removed the extension, please go to myUFV to reset your login password.
If you have questions, please contact ITServiceDesk@ufv.ca