Wondering how you can tell if you have become a victim of identity theft? Security expert, Graham Cluley, offers the following clues:
- You stop receiving bills or other mail (it’s been re-directed to another address)
- You receive credit cards you did not apply for
- Your credit is denied for no apparent reason
- Debt collectors begin calling about purchases you did not make
- Your credit history shows items you cannot explain
- Your bank statements show withdrawals, payments and transfers you cannot account for
If any of the above events are happening to you, you may need to take immediate steps to recover and protect your identity.