Consul General of India, Vancouver Mr. Rajiv Chander and Consul for Commerce Mr. N. Lingi Chetty visited the Centre for Indo-Canadian Studies on April 1st, 2016. UFV Vice-Chancellor and President Dr. Mark Evered welcomed the guests by giving them a brief introduction about UFV’s engagements with India. The diverse, deep and multi-faceted engagements provide UFV with a unique platform both here and in India to promote Canada India studies and research exchanges. The highlight of the visit was sharing of information on UFV’s strategic objectives on Diaspora connections, UFV India programming, future trends and innovations and considerable engagement with students both in India and in Canada. Mr. Chander was impressed by the CICS commitment to the work it has undertaken and its continued and robust research association with many Universities in India and in the Diaspora. He shared information on the newly designed 10 year visa and the online efficiencies that his office has developed that will be of much help to those travelling to India from BC. He offered his support to UFV in collaborating with the Consul General’s office on programming.
Vancouver Consul General of India Visits the CICS
By Sharanjit Sandhra on May 9, 2016
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visits SASI exhibit at National Historic Site Gur Sikh Temple
- Centre for Indo-Canadian Studies celebrates 10 years, rebrands as South Asian Studies Institute
- CICS Research Student Nominated for the 2017 Undergraduate Research Award
- UFV President and Vice-President Visit Khalsa College
- Sikh Heritage Museum Exhibit Travels to the Penticton Museum and Archives