Design and typography 2017
London, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Dessau
May 14 to June 1
Visit some of Europe’s major creative centres to experience historical and contemporary design and typography. This study tour combines studio tours, museums, and notable exhibitions; a professional typography conference – TypoBerlin Wanderlust; and, creative excursions for an inspired immersive survey on the evolution of graphic design and typography.
- Explore the history of typography, branding, packaging and advertising in London
- Reconsider design and place through graphic empowerment in Amsterdam
- Gain new perspectives on agile practice at TypoBerlin, International Design Talks where social values, curiosity, and experimentation are innovating new approaches
- Experience Bauhaus modernism and spend a night in the Studio Building in Dessau
- Visit contemporary design studios in London, Amsterdam and Berlin
- Examine graphic design and typography in European contexts and cultural systems
- Pair the tour with a graphic design course – choose from the history of graphic design (GD102), a directed study (GD498/499), or critical inquiry (GD469).
Open to any students taking GD courses or GDD alumni. Limited seats available.
Cost: $3500 Includes flights, hostels, conference fees, public transportation, trains, buses, insurance, and museum passes.
Course fees extra.
A deposit of $300 is due by mid-November.
Students who sign-up and pay the non-refundable deposit are eligible to participate in fundraising initiatives to offset trip expenses.
For more information:
Karin Jager, Department Head, Graphic + Digital Design email@example.com
Miranda Ting, Assistant Professor, Graphic + Digital Design firstname.lastname@example.org