The pARTicipate Poster Competition has been running biannually since 2009 with its aim to foster visual/design creativity and promote social awareness and activism. The theme of this year’s project – Homelessness – provides the opportunity to think critically and with empathy while considering various causes and consequences of not having a home. The objective for the poster is to bring awareness to the shelter and poverty crisis as well as to emphasize an urgent need for affordable housing. For information on the state of homelessness in Canada, see: http://www.homelesshub.ca/SOHC2014
- Convey a strong message instantly. It must be easily read from a distance – concept, image and/or words.
- Concise idea.
- Effective contrast, spatial depth and scale.
- Clear typographic application that emphasizes the message.
- Design is relevant, appropriate and engages the target audience.
- The UFV community and the general public
- Any mediums may be used.
- Poster design must be submitted in both print and digital formats.
- Print: 16” x 22”/ 56 cm x 44 cm in portrait or landscape format – flush trim, full size.
- Digital: PDF
- Include a written rationale with your submission (100 words in a word document).
- Be sure to include your name, student number, and contact information on the back of the poster and in your email submission.
- All print and digital entries must reach the Visual Arts Office, UFV, Abbotsford C 1402h
- Email digital PDF and written rationale to Vicki.Bolan@ufv.ca
- Originality: innovation and effectiveness.
- Composition and Visual Hierarchy: typography, image, colour and layout.
- Final Solution: impactful and creates awareness.
Deadline for poster submissions is noon, March 21, 2016