The relationship between violence and youth is one of the many topics that will be discussed in a new Continuing Studies course at the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) this coming fall. Assessing Risk: Understanding Violence Potential in Youth is constructed for students, counsellors, professors, social workers, and anyone who works with youth, and [...]
Ever since the days of Fraser Valley College and a ‘college without walls’, the Chilliwack community has had a strong connection to UFV. Before the college even had any facilities to call its own, it ran its first classes in church basements in the daytime and Chilliwack Secondary in the evenings. For many years, people [...]
Renovation and renewal are the cornerstones of Phase II of the UFV Canada Education campus, helping to redefine the buildings and bring a new vision the university. Having previously been built as a military engineering school, the challenge was to repurpose, renovate, and expand this building to create an exciting and vibrant new campus for [...]
There is always some chaos involved when finishing up a big building and renovation project and moving people in, but amidst the chaos last week were some very pleased UFV employees. They were in good spirits because, despite the fact that months of work remains to get all faculty, staff, and students moved in and [...]
The University of the Fraser Valley has room to grow for decades with its big move to the Canada Education Park. UFV owns 85 acres of land at the CEP, set adjacent to the Vedder River on the former Canadian Forces Base Chilliwack, which closed in 1997. On May 11, it officially opened the second [...]
Call it Extreme Makeover — UFV edition. The new building at the Canada Education Park in Chilliwack that UFV opened this week isn’t exactly new, but it isn’t exactly old either. It is a bold reimagining of what was an engineering school (built for that purpose but never used for that purpose) that was mothballed [...]
UFV is making a very exciting move into the new facilities at the Canada Education Park in Chilliwack. Joining the already established Trades and Technology Centre at the new CEP campus will be most of the programs from the Chilliwack campus on Yale Road. The new campus will have a special focus on health and [...]
1995 — Federal government announces closures of several military bases, including CFB Chilliwack, as a cost-cutting measure. CFB Chilliwack winds up operations in 1997. 1997 — UFV (then UCFV) commissions study for an International Centre on former base lands. March 2003 — Partners submit proposal for Canadian Research, Education, Science & Technology Park to the [...]
Departments and Categories
- Champions for Health receive government kudos in Antigua May 17, 2013
- Top young math minds compete for $14,400 in UFV scholarships May 17, 2013
- Stantec brings home international honours for UFV project at Canada Education Park May 17, 2013
- Too Many Big Paintings for such a small space May 17, 2013
- UFV hosts its first ever post-doctoral fellows May 16, 2013
- UFV Theatre department announces new season April 3, 2013
- Car in a day makeover — the video! March 27, 2013
- UFV connections to provincial election are many and varied April 25, 2013
- Impressive ILO updates at Provost forum & open house April 29, 2013
- 2013 fashion show an Absolute success April 29, 2013
- overhaulinforums.com: Whats up this is kinda of off topic but I was want...
- movie theatres kingston ontario: Hi this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering ...
- foster: I like it...
- Graham Evan MacDonell: A fantastic learning experience for Barbara's stu...
- Yvonne Mostert: Good morning, On behalf of Hazel Postma, I sent...
UFV on Flickr
Follow @goufv on Twitter