Dr. Malwinder Dhami, long time Indo-Canadian Community Advisory Committee Member and UFV friend and donor visited UFV India and its campus in Chandigarh. Dr. Dhami visited classrooms and students of the program in UFV India and also visited with past UFV President and Vie-Chancellor, Dr. Skip Bassford. Dr. Dhami takes pride in being the first donor to several UFV projects. He was the first donor for the endowed Canada–India Research Chair within the Centre for Indo-Canadian Studies, and for the Peace and Conflict Studies program establishment. He was the first Indo-Canadian Abbotsford community member to create a family endowment fund (the Dhami Family Endowment Leadership Award, which is not a memorial fund, but rather honours living family members).
CICS Advisory Committee Member Visits UFV India
By Sharanjit Sandhra on January 30, 2017
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visits SASI exhibit at National Historic Site Gur Sikh Temple
- Centre for Indo-Canadian Studies celebrates 10 years, rebrands as South Asian Studies Institute
- CICS Research Student Nominated for the 2017 Undergraduate Research Award
- UFV President and Vice-President Visit Khalsa College
- Sikh Heritage Museum Exhibit Travels to the Penticton Museum and Archives