Last Day of Fashion Camp

2012 Fashion Camp_Felting

These past five days of Fashion Camp flew by so quickly!  The students were fun to work with and they were fearless: willing to try all the activities presented to them.   They created story boards, made jewelry, used Adobe Illustrator, drew fashion figures, printed on fabric, used industrial sewing machines to create a variety of projects.  Today – the last day of camp- they will be making cell phone cases in felting.  It has been a world wind of projects and activities but a lot of fun.

7 Responses to Last Day of Fashion Camp

1. Brielle Mulder July 13, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

This Fashion camp has been very helpful in figuring out what I would like to do in the future. Going into this camp it was very unclear to me, and although it was fun, I know this is not where my heart belongs. I encourage people to do it because it is such a great experience with a bunch of great people, and the instructors are fabulous and are there to help you. I will never forget this experience and plan to use the skills I used here in the future. I am 15 going into grade 11 and found this program very useful. Please consider this, it is a big commitment, but definitely worth it.

2. Gaby July 13, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

I loved making my own print! It was so much fun! I really enjoyed the last day too when we got to finish our bags we made with our own fabric. Thanks Deanna and Corinne! :)

3. Cal July 13, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

So this course made my lack of ability to sew apparent, and I really didn”t mind, because the instructors were very understanding and willing to help, and I made some great friends who also lent their support. I also learned how to create a mood board, and stamps, and my own fabric (which looks awesome, I might add) and how to draw fashion figures, which is a skill I know will help me later. Thanks so much to everyone who made this possible! I had a LOT of fun! :D

4. Jessica Bate July 13, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

This has been really fun and a great experience! Lots of thanks to Corinne Richardson and Deanna Devitt, and the jewelry and print-making teachers! My favorite part had to be making our fabrics and sewing our bag was fun too! Fashion and art combined – my ultimate dream!!! It was great! Thank you!

5. April July 13, 2012 at 12:47 pm #

Fashion Camp was a blast! I had so much fun making different fabric designs and jewlery. This was deffinatly one highlight of my Summer! We made mood boards and learned lots about different fabrics and designing. Big thanks to the teachers Deanna, Corinne and the guest teachers! :) Awesome camp to take!

6. Silke July 13, 2012 at 12:48 pm #

Great camp! Loved making the prints and t-shirts. A really fun way to be creative and presonalize your own designs. This was the first time that Iused an industrial sewing machine! Learned a lot a bout fashin and design. Overall, a great camp.

7. Sydney July 13, 2012 at 12:49 pm #

I was so happy to be apart of the Fashion Camp 2012. I learned so many different things and it was so much fun! Surface design was fantastic i never ecpected to love it as much as i did i may have a new passsion. Deanna, Corinne, Cindy, Eleanor THank you so much for all the time and hard work you spent teaching us theses amazing projects i loved everyday. I hope to come back next year!! Now i have my own fabric,hand made purse, cupcake pin cushion, Hand made jewelry, a mood board, fashion figure drawings Thank you all so much!!!

-Sydney