UFV and nine other post secondaries will each receive $50,000 in targeted funding to create short-term coding programs. These programs are generally less than 12 weeks in length and help students build on knowledge acquired in their undergraduate studies. The intent is to increase employability by providing specialized skills that are in demand by local tech companies.
The other recipient institutions include:
- B.C. Institute of Technology
- Langara College
- Okanagan College
- Simon Fraser University
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Island University
The complete government news release can be found here.