UFV students to vote on Abbotsford-Chilliwack campus shuttle proposal

Getting from A to B (or in this case, C) may become a whole lot easier in the near future. The UFV Student Union Society is holding a referendum on the question: Do you support an up to $6.75 per semester Chilliwack-to-Abbotsford transit fee to secure mass transit between Chilliwack and Abbotsford for our students?

Students can log on to my.ufv.ca to submit their vote March 1 – 8. For more information, read the UFV Student Union Society’s news release.

, , , ,

8 Responses to UFV students to vote on Abbotsford-Chilliwack campus shuttle proposal

1. Sajal February 3, 2013 at 3:26 pm #

I support the abbotsford-chilliwack campus connector bus route.

2. charles February 4, 2013 at 2:50 pm #

i support thhe bus it would be good cause there are alot of students that dont have transportation

3. Steve February 5, 2013 at 3:21 pm #

This would be a good thing to offer to students who don’t own a vehicle and are willing to pay to use it, but for students who are already paying to own a vehicle I don’t see why they should be required to help pay for a service that they’ll never use.

4. Karen February 6, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

I support this for my fellow students even though I don’t need to utilize the system myself. The day may come where I may have to use the system myself.

5. br February 6, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

I think there should be an option to opt out if you dont use the service. I am coming from Langley and I only use the abbotsford campus (not practical since not many courses that i need are offered there). I dont want to pay for more services that I wont use.
    If you are promoting green transportation then maybe look into having the existing buses come from other areas (and and more and later service to aldergrove) since you pretty much have to be at bourquin or downtown to catch them or transfer to these areas.

6. FA February 6, 2013 at 3:46 pm #

Great idea but not only for students. There is faculty and staff travelling to/from campuses every day. How much ti would cost for faculty/staff? Faculty and staff must be able to vote as well.

7. Jon February 13, 2013 at 10:05 am #

I definitely support the idea, but we need more details to make a properly informed opinion. How often will it run? How early and how late? Can the general public use it for a fee? If the public could use it also, I would think they could help subsidize the costs. I would be concerned it is not practical nor feasible. $6.75 per semester is not a lot of money, but the majority of students have no need for this service. A better option would be a higher per semester fee where anyone who wants to use it can opt-in. How much are we looking at for a total semester cost? Many students currently spend $200+ per month commuting between Abbotsford and Chilliwack.

8. EP February 19, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

I do not support your idea; look for different avenues to supplement the cost of your shuttle proposal, students who will not use this transportation should not have to pay so others could, there is too many people with hands in my pockets already.